Need a (celtic) harp in Freiburg 28 nov - 3 dec

You would like to contribute something, but you don't know German? No problem, just post it here in English.
annasteinholtz
ganz frisch
Meine Harfe(n): MusicMakers Voyageur, 33 strings

Need a (celtic) harp in Freiburg 28 nov - 3 dec

Beitrag von annasteinholtz »

Hi, I´m a Swedish singer and beginning harper in need of a harp for a few "Skandinavischer advent"-concerts in Freiburg, Basel and in between, for the first advent weekend (end of november - beginning of december.) Glad I found this great forum- only wish my German was better!

My own harp is a MusicMakers Voyageur (33 strings, wide string-spacing, quite low tension), and I would need an instrument as similar to that as possible... Maybe a Camac or Salvi lever harp?
Any help / any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
/Anna
annunziato
nicht mehr wegzudenken
Postleitzahl: 2882
Land: Schweiz

Re: Need a (celtic) harp in Freiburg 28 nov - 3 dec

Beitrag von annunziato »

Hi Anna,
you've got a personal message(or should get it soon, please tell here if you didn't get it by tomorrow).
Best regards
annunziato
Nur durch Harfe spielen lernt man Harfe spielen. (Aristoteles)
annasteinholtz
ganz frisch
Meine Harfe(n): MusicMakers Voyageur, 33 strings

Beitrag von annasteinholtz »

Annunziato, thank you so much for your reply and your generous offer!!

I think I'm too fresh on the forum to be allowed sending PM´s, and since I can't find any email-adress or -link I'll just reply on the board.
Of course you are right about the string-tension... It says something about my lack of experience ;-). I mostly mentioned those makers because I've had the opportunity to try them, and know that the spacing - the most important factor for me as a beginner - is about the same as on my harp.

I have no experience of Aoyama and have not managed to find that much out about their Wotan model (a bit about a 36-string Carolan, but thats another beast, I guess). What you describe sounds fine, but I feel a little bit nervous about jumping into it without trying (and I know no one in the area who can try it for me). I will think about it for a little while and see if I can find out more about the model- and whether I could sort out the transport to / from Basel- and then get back to you.

A practical question: does it fit into a "normal" car the same way as my own - with one of the back seats down (allowing space for 3 people)? I have not yet found the measurements to compare them to my harp..

But in any case I am very, very, VERY grateful for your offer - just let me know if you would ever need a harp in the Stockholm area ;-)

Kind regards
/Anna
annunziato
nicht mehr wegzudenken
Postleitzahl: 2882
Land: Schweiz

Beitrag von annunziato »

Dear Anna,
the problem with the PM might be a cautionary measure, no problem. Please take your time for your decision, there is absolutely no pressure, and any answer is OK. Might as well be a fall back option. In comparison to your harp, the sound might be significantly stronger.
Yes, it fits into a rather normal car with one back seat down, even if it might be a little "diagonal" in the car. Third person should hold it - with its un-elegant but protective bag it has some volume. I had a Fiat Uno long, long years ago when I played (and sang) concerts, and it did fit.
And yes, I'll ask if I need a harp in Stockholm - the probability does not equal zero, there are a few interesting research connections, so be careful what you offer... :_wink_:
I'll give you my email adress via PM.
Best regards
annunziato
Nur durch Harfe spielen lernt man Harfe spielen. (Aristoteles)
Antworten