Cross strung harp meeting in Germany in September 2010

You would like to contribute something, but you don't know German? No problem, just post it here in English.
ClarSach
nicht mehr wegzudenken
Meine Harfe(n): jetzt:
klassisch: L&H Prelude
vielseitig: Camac Excalibur

Cross strung harp meeting in Germany in September 2010

Beitrag von ClarSach »

On behalf of 'Ben', one of the members of Harperscrossing@yahoogroups.com, I forward you these questions:

Did you happen to go to the cross strung harp gathering this past weekend in Europe?
If so, can you say anything about it? Who was there, the range of playing experience, types of music, what was taught? Do you have any photos you can share?
arjuna raphael
schon länger da
Postleitzahl: 53115
Land: Deutschland
Meine Harfe(n): - Black Tara: meine 38-Schwarze CAMAC Mélusine de Concert mit sehr guten Tonabnehmer, danke an Frank Sievert! Élégance.
- Vora: meine "tigrierte" 36-saitigen großen keltische Harfe von Leo Goas, Bretagne, die ich überall ohne Hülle in der Kälte von Kanada getragen habe. Rissen, Stöße und rauer mächtiger Klang.
- Für Indien und Flugzeut: meine gottische Reiseharfe, 26 Saiten von Klangschiff Harfen/Lutz Böhnisch.
- Meine Begeisterung und Abenteuer: meine 6x6 chromatische Harfe der Klangwerkstatt, Baukurs Wennerstorf Mai 2005
- und bald kommen ein paar mehr ;-)
Re: Cross strung harp meeting in Germany in September 2010

Beitrag von arjuna raphael »

Yes I was there! In the North-West of Germany near Emden
It was great.
13 people.
I was inspired by the great Mirjam Rietberg from Amsterdam, who plays very complicated pieces, from John Dowland, Purcell and a BossaNova from Gilberto.
She plays all these pieces on her youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/mirjamrietbergharp.
But the others as well were inspiring. It's just nice to support each other

We exchanged some sheet music, played together, had nice meals and walks by the shore.
On the sunday morning we had a concert in a church.

It motivated and inspired me a lot. I will try to organize next year's meeting near Bonn, Germany, together with Björn and Annette. We plan 9-11 Sept. 2011.
Nice if more people can come, even internationaly.

I will record some youtube videos of me playing on the cross-strung 6/6 chromatic harp very soon. So, if you're interested, subscribe to my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/raphaelpinel

Lots of Love!

Arjuna Raphaël
Antworten